Friday, November 3, 2023

6 month progress, down 30kg (66lbs)

https://imgur.com/a/WfW0O49

(April 2023 - November 2023)

M21

Height: 177cm (5'9)

SW: 98kg (216lbs)

CW: 66kg (145lbs)

Very proud of myself. First time ever having visible abs.

Context: Had been lazy for the past year, constantly ordering food online as I had been living at university. After coming back home I decided to make a change. As a teenager, I had lifted on and off without a real programme and caring about my nutrition, and this time I was determined to track calories and macros. I am astonished at how straightforward the process was, though I have to admit I was very close to quitting due to how long it took for the results to show. I plateaued several times, and I remember being so frustrated. But I simply kept at it.

If I had to do it again, something I would change is to make sustainable changes rather than going from 0 to 100. For example, I was barely eating at 1300 calories a day while doing a LOT of physical exercise during the first few weeks (fuck HIIT). I was dreading every single day, constantly had some sort of physical pain and quickly realised that this was unsustainable.

So to summarise, I:

- Ate in a high protein calorie deficit

- Strength trained to maintain muscle

- Did exercise I enjoyed (and therefore continued to do)

- Built sustainable habits

- And most importantly, did not give up.

Best of luck to everyone on their weight loss journey.

submitted by /u/violent_tendencies69
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/sU5uVJa

No comments:

Post a Comment