Friday, November 3, 2023

Has anyone else felt a lot worse about themselves as they've lost weight?

I have lost 42lbs in 3 months. It has been unintentional weight loss, really, I stopped smoking and treating my addiction to smoking also unexpectedly helped with my addiction to food.

I am still very much overweight, because my start weight was 265lbs, but I feel like I look worse now than when I started??! The lines and signs of aging in my face are more pronounced because there's less fat plumping it up I presume, and I have new stretch marks in places I never had them before like even near my ankles!

I didn't have a problem with how I looked before, but I can feel the positive health benefits (my asthma is considerably easier to manage and I am able to walk and exercise for longer than before), however the new body image issues are really bringing me down.

Is this common with weight loss? Does it subside? I'm seriously considering cosmetic work once my weight loss stagnates, because of how I feel about myself :(

submitted by /u/ProfessionalWolf8122
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3XOUrjv

No comments:

Post a Comment