Sunday, November 12, 2023

Rant: I lost weight I don’t have an eating disorder

In advance apologies to anyone who has suffered from, or does suffer from ED this is a rant from my own experience of weight loss (and almost 3 months maintenance!) and the reactions from some on this.

For reference 5ft 1 31F. Have lost approx 40lb from high of 148lb. Maintain between 107-110lb. I am a healthy weight for my height and exercise regularly. I did lose about 8lb and kept it off then took my journey more seriously at the start of the year. Started daily exercise, gradually increased, high protein, low carb diet. Volume eating by stacking all meals with a lot of veg. Started eating breakfast which I never used too, sometimes I have 2 breakfasts. So now eat 3-4 meals a day, I track and it’s healthy, now maintaining I have a pretty even split of macros from protein, carbs and fat. I now average 30 mins exercise daily, mostly weights, and actives rest days I take long walks.

Prior to this I ate a lot of fast food, did zero exercise, and wore loose fitting clothing to hide my insecurities, and I admit I hid it fairly well in how I dressed. I now feel great about myself and form fitting clothes are for me. I’ve worked hard and I want to show it off!

Well here’s the rant.. I am healthy eating. It’s a lifestyle change to maintain this and not yo-yo. I say no to a donut at work because it’s not worth it, I like to treat myself at a weekend, not just stuff my face in the office. It’s not worth it for me to fall back into them habits. I eat, I will just eat my pre-planned meals and snacks which aren’t loaded with sugar and calories. I am not super strict at all I just limit my over indulgence days to avoid gaining it back again. I’m certainly not starving myself. Yet I’m asked if I’m ok and if I have a problem?!

My Granny, who I only see a couple of times a year due to distance, I go and see her and she’s cooked a delicious roast that I indulge in as a treat. With a cheeky bit of apple crumble after. My Aunt then has to tell me granny is so pleased I’ve eaten as Granny is worried about my appetite?!

I lost weight to a healthy level. I have zero plan on losing more and am happily maintaining my weight where it is. Why do people think I have an issue? Does anyone else get this?

I feel good and I look good. I’m the healthiest ive ever been. It just frustrates me people are seeing this as me having a disorder! I don’t get it!

submitted by /u/Consistent-Choice-22
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/6zemDEF

No comments:

Post a Comment