Monday, November 27, 2023

Post-Thanksgiving Slump

I need some help here. As the title says, I’m in a bit of a slump after thanksgiving, as I expected.

For about 3 months leading up to thanksgiving, I was doing very well, even losing around 35 pounds of fat while building muscle (started around 250-255)! I had tried keto a few times before, all with the weight coming right back on when I stopped. Now, I’m getting in shape, eating in a calorie deficit, and trying to eat close to 50% of my calories in protein. Despite a few weak moments and occasional fast food urges, I’ve stayed on the horse and my weight is trending down. It’s finally feeling sustainable, much different than the keto diet (which is very bad for your health long term in my opinion).

I share my progress with some family, mainly my mother, who I seemingly inherited my weight fluctuation/slower metabolism from. My younger and older brothers are twig skinny all while eating whatever they want. I’ve never had someone tell me outright that I have patterns of an eating disorder, but I would not be surprised if my occasional inability to control my urges is because of that.

Anyways, I left to see family for thanksgiving last Tuesday, around 217lb (6’2 23 y.o. male btw). I conceded that I would enjoy myself and eat whatever I liked on thanksgiving (looking good and feeling good isn’t worth it if you can’t indulge in a family holiday every once in a while, right?). The day came, and I had a very light lunch to prepare. I had two servings of mashed potatoes, turkey, stuffing, and whatever else my grandmother told me to eat. It felt freeing, but at the same time I was scared on the effect this would have. For the first time in awhile, I didn’t have someone asking me why I wasn’t eating as much as usual or why I wouldn’t be having seconds. Before dinner began, anyway, most of my family noticed my weight loss and said I look great. Mission accomplished. I’d earned some freaking turkey!

The spillover came when I joined my family for some drinks, which turned into late night pizza, which turned into a hangover burger for lunch the next day…

This morning, I weighed in at 219, after having eaten the night before, so I suspected I was not under the same GI conditions as I usually am with my diet. The problem is, I can’t stop my self from eating in the evening, feeling I am never satiated. I feel fine intermittent fasting in the morning, but I am on a slippery slope and hoping for some words of encouragement or strategies to get back on track. I can’t stop myself going in for more snacks after I’ve had a meal which would normally be filling. And of course it has to be chips or something carb heavy…

I feel better than I have in a long time, and I really want to ride the high!

TL;DR After allowing myself some leeway over thanksgiving, I am struggling to get back on track with my insanely successful weight loss. Help!

submitted by /u/robertchase5
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/SDxsU9M

No comments:

Post a Comment