Monday, November 20, 2023

I fear my weight will prevent me from finding a partner

I’ve always been fat. Except when I had health issues hyperthyroidism, abused my stimulant meds (to not eat (even then overweight) and then just depression where I just stopped eating (still overweight but just shy of normal weight). I fear that my weight will keep me from meeting a guy (I am gay fyi) and settling down. I am successful in most other aspects of my life except here where I am a total failure. Gay people have ridiculous standards that are just impossible to comform to. My longest relationship has been 6 months. I have told my therapist this (omitting the illegal shit obs) and he keeps telling me that my train will come in. I guess I’m needing some real talk here from people in the thick of it. I’m at my heaviest I’ve been in almost 4 years and I’m really triggering me to not eat -my doctor has not helped by telling me that weight loss studies suggest that diet restriction -1800 calories are the best at keeping weight off. Sorry just needing to vent and I’m sick of people telling me it will be fine because I’m not sure if it will be or if I need lose weight quickly before I age out. Sorry for the rant but it’s been building for months.

submitted by /u/Forsaken-Moment-7763
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/pPdKekm

No comments:

Post a Comment