Sunday, November 5, 2023

Metformin for weight maintenance/ weight loss

My doctor is prescribing me a new antipsychotic and metformin as my paliperidone shot caused me to gain 50lbs in 4 months and I no longer have a period. She said it may not necessarily help with weight loss but I eat one small meal a day and walk five days a week and the scale is still going up.

Does anyone have experience with metformin for weight loss. Any tips maybe I’ve heard there’s plenty of side effects?

I’m hoping it will aid in weight loss because my metabolism has been destroyed by the antipsychotic.

I’d like to hear your personal experiences because I start the medication on Nov 12 th and I’m excited to hopefully make a change.

submitted by /u/frootkid
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/MAUt58x

No comments:

Post a Comment