Thursday, November 23, 2023

How I convinced myself to exercise, and you can too

Not sure if this will make sense to anyone who isn't as crazy as me, but this is how I convinced myself to start exercising.

I have dieted many times over the years with varying levels of success. I'm kind of a hands-on person, so I like to be actively doing things with whatever project I'm taking on — even if I'm not actually doing the thing.

For example, when learning the guitar, I would read about music theory during times where I couldn't, or didn't want to, play the guitar.

So, when dieting, I would log my food, create weight spreadsheets, plan recipes and meal prep. All with the goal of helping my project at the time, which was losing weight. I was actively doing things to help me achieve my goal.

One day, I was sitting on the couch thinking that I wish I could do something more to help me with weight loss. In my head, I was equating it to money.. earning (income) and spending.

I knew how to get a calorie income. Just eat stuff. But what if there was a way to spend calories....

And then it hit me of course. Exercise.

I don't know why I'd never looked at it like that. I guess because I've always hated exercise and have always failed at it.

But, it just made so much logical sense in my head at that moment that I couldn't resist. I immediately went for a bike ride. That was about 4 months ago and I've been cycling and running ever since and can't get enough of it.

Tl;dr: I invented exercise

submitted by /u/I_downloaded_a_car_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/9eEzHJp

No comments:

Post a Comment