Friday, November 17, 2023

This Monday I did a whole 'refresh' on my weight loss journey after 10 months of no progress

I started my weight loss journey in April 2021 where I weighed 281lbs. The gym close to my house opened that same year after many delays due to COVID and I had to make an improvement with myself. Many months go by, I made progress doing cardio and some weightlifting but since I go alone I don't have anyone to spot me, I usually stuck with the machines and even then I still did the minimum effort but it still gave me some progress and that's all that mattered (or so I thought it did). I also had setbacks due binge eating making me lose gains and that would aggravate me since my goal weight is 150lbs and having setbacks makes the goal seem farther away but I still kept going.

New Years Eve 2023 come around and I weighed 166lbs! The lowest Ive been in a long time and yet I still looked in the mirror and felt like it wasn't enough, so I still kept going to the gym to get to my goal weight. Many months go by and I have issues with my mentality. Being out of work a lot due to having to bend down frequently and push heavy stuff for 10 hours straight. a year ago I would literally go straight to the gym after 10 hours of work but I didn't do it this time around for how tired I got. Plus further health problems with my knee (weak quads on the right side, bad pains) and foot (I have gout, triggers bad pains from eating too much red meat) to where I went to the doctor's to get a note so I can excuse myself. Many times i could've had more money but my health issues got in the way and I'm fixing them now.

I’ve also became more complacent in the gym and only focused on cardio and nothing else. I would even give into my cravings and over eat making me lose progress I made at the gym. Yes I mentioned this already but this year the binge eating got worse to where I couldn't recover from the weight I gained and my weight continued slowly going up. All of this affected me mentally as well because I question myself why do I go to the gym if I'm going to give into my cravings or if my body is going to give me problems

All of this up until Sunday, I contemplated on what I should do moving forward with the year almost ending and weighing at 202lbs o the next day, I started to change my routine once again and decided to cut out processed food and made a protein shake in the morning that instantly changed my mood.

Today I'm back down to 196 and now after going to the gym consistently again and having more focus of weight training than just cardio. I'm cooking myself a nice chicken dish with grounded chicken, diced up tomatoes. bell peppers, and onions. Tbh I actually haven't cooked that much for myself all year and ordered takeouts for a chicken salad which I thought would be healthy but the sauces I used were dense in calories and I would too much of the pita bread that came with it

All of that being said. I can confidently say that I am better this week than I was the previous week and first time I've made actual progress this year!!! My big regret was waiting too long to make another change to myself and feel like I should've being more disciplined a long time ago.

submitted by /u/FlamingNate559
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/SVETgCl

No comments:

Post a Comment