Sunday, November 19, 2023

How do I convince my dad that I'm not starving myself when I'm simply just not eating as many carbs?

So a little context, in my country it's super, super common to eat carbs for all 3 meals, especially breakfast and dinner. A lot of the time we eat bread or corn flour for both. In my family we obviously follow this too and there's not a single meal where I don't eat carbs cause I still eat plactane, rice or potato at lunch. I've been refusing to eat bread for breakfast or dinner for the last week and my dad is getting all whiny cause for some reason he's hyperfixated on having "balanced meals" but he doesn't have a problem with me not eating vegetables. Not only that, he refuses to take me to insulin or thyroid checks because supposedly I "don't need it" or "don't show any visible symptoms" for insulin resistance or hyperthyroidism, even though three doctors already have told me that I should get BOTH checked. And it just frustrates me because I feel like I have the odds against me for weight loss if my family doesn't let me eat correctly. I went to the extreme and didn't eat for a day cause I refused to keep eating carbs which I admit was inmature but it was an angry impulse

submitted by /u/SanWasHitByABus
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ciqx4GK

No comments:

Post a Comment