Sunday, November 19, 2023

Need help losing weight -- haven't lost in months

Hello! Long time anonymous lurker, first time poster. I'm 21F, 5'5", and ~243 pounds. I'm currently looking to be 200 by April 2024 the latest.

I used to be 130lbs but got COVID-19 weight amongst other personal issues. I started with dieting and losing weight at the start of the year, and my body dropped 10 pounds then stopped.

QUESTION: WHAT CAN I DO TO LOSE 40 POUNDS?

Here's some stuff I currently do / have done: - Work out 2x a week in the morning, 100% cardio. I use both the elliptical and treadmill. - Count calories no matter what (used apps like Noom / FitnessPal) - drink 60oz a water a day - limit calorie intake to 1650 unless needed

Things I've considered doing: - heavily increasing my protein intake (I rarely eat protein since I don't like most, and protein shakes/powders make my stomach feel awful!!) - increase my water intake further - go to the gym 3x a week minimum

Miscellaneous/Health profile: - currently have a bad knee that makes working out hard (it feels like a door hinge and it's 100% genetics) - bad foot as well, hard time putting a lot of weight on it (like running, walking is great!) - hormone imbalance, I use birth control to control it - I go to college and therefore have a meal plan. My meals on campus are usually a chicken wrap, salad with 1tbps of bacon bits, and whatever vegan option for the day. - I also walk around on campus a lot, as well as with friends. I'm on my feet all the time and easily clock 10k+ steps 6/7 days of the week.

I'm not sure how much I should increase my protein and water intake, meals that are easy and good to make, and workouts that are good for you. I'm not low on motivation, and I'm really proud of my progress to change my life as of now, I've learned how to cook in the process! But now I want to look good and avoid health issues.

I used to see a doctor specializing in weight loss but I can no longer see them due to insurance issues. I'd like something similar to keep me motivated and accountable.

Please help!

submitted by /u/Exciting_Percentage1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/rUuV6CX

No comments:

Post a Comment