Friday, November 10, 2023

Unsupportive Family

Hello, I am curious how to deal with an unsupportive family. I used to be overweight. Weighing around 155 when I’m 5’3. I had a weight loss journey where I was working out a lot and eating right and now I weigh 119. I used to always work out and weight train so I have a good amount of muscle but even though I’m 119 pounds and in a healthy weight I do want to lose another 5-6 pounds to look leaner and make my muscles more pronounced.

Lately I’ve been meal prepping and making my own low calorie foods to stay in a deficit, but my family members keep on commenting on how I’m already “skinny” and don’t need to lose weight or avoid certain foods. My dad this morning told me that he doesn’t want me losing more weight cause I’ll be “too skinny”. I have a petite build and being short I find my legs to look stubby and I want to lose a few vanity pounds to lean them out.

I find these comments from my family super discouraging and it makes me feel like what I’m doing is wrong. My birthday is coming up and I have never once been “skinny” I’ve always been the overweight girl and since I turned my life around this year I want to enter my next year of life being my absolute dream weight without feeling bad about it.

Any advice on dealing with unsupportive families and these types of comments?

submitted by /u/Poppy_Lavendar
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/SWFpQkP

No comments:

Post a Comment