Monday, November 20, 2023

Tips to start out with health challenges?

I am in my early 30’s and have always been overweight my entire adult life which started due to a medical issue. In the past year my weight and fitness level is impacting my ability to do my hobbies and enjoy life. I want to make a change. I have some health conditions that make it hard to lose weight/keep it off.

Some factors: - Limited diet, not able to do gluten and have to eat lower grain amount. I also need to watch the fat in my diet and can’t eat all that much meat. I generally have a pretty healthy diet overall - Hormonal condition that makes weight gain very very easy and weight loss feels like an uphill slog. My levels and medication are stable, but baseline it is more difficult. I was a normal weight/in sports up to early adulthood, but when this started I quickly gained weight - I have a joint disorder that makes it so high impact/wear and tear on my joints isn’t doable. I am essentially ok to walk, recumbent bike, Pilates, and my physical therapy exercises - Fatigue and one of my health conditions causes some days that I can barely get out of bed

Basically I would love any tips from people who have been in similar situations! I checked my TDEE and I am already (and have been) well below the calorie recommendations. I haven’t been doing pointed exercise and am starting that now. I am aiming for 250 minutes a week of purposeful exercise.

submitted by /u/Itchy-Scholar-7237
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/RXxq7sF

No comments:

Post a Comment