Monday, November 6, 2023

Gained 20lbs in 10 months but look pretty much the same? Feeling discouraged that I need to lose 40 lbs now…

Ok so I started taking my fitness journey seriously around January 2023. The last 10 months have been the first time in my life I’ve actually tried weight training and cardio combined. I used to only do heavy cardio and was always in a cycle of extreme weight loss and gradual gain. I am 24 and started at 184.5lbs as a 5’6” female. I am now sitting at 209lbs and WILL NOT budge. I try to follow a deficit consuming about ~1600 calories a day, but honestly the last 10 months I’ve been drinking more than ever (lots of concerts, socially).

What is weird is that my photos from January look almost identical to my photos now. The only major change is my legs are a little more toned now and my glutes are too, but I still look overweight, I just don’t look like I gained 20 lbs. I was so hopeful for meaningful change. The last time I lost ~30lbs was from intense cycling 40 mins 4x a week, stairmaster etc and restricting wayyy too much. I’m trying to do this healthfully but feeling discouraged. The 20lbs could be a lot of muscle considering not much visually has changed, but I want to lose more fat. I’m working on reducing my cortisol levels and reducing my alcohol intake which has been long overdue, but wondering if anyone else has seen a weight gain like this but haven’t noticed too much of a change physically. This is a first for me.

submitted by /u/julcken
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/aRfgpVq

No comments:

Post a Comment