Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Just started, losing too fast

I had a rough several years in life and went from pretty unhealthy to really unhealthy. A medication I’m on recently for my mental health had a side effect of being an appetite suppressant, and my antidepressant is working better than usual, so I impromptu started to diet, mainly with calorie counting, more fruits and veggies, and exercising a bit. The “problem” is that the weight seems to be falling off way too fast. I started at 325 in early August, and am currently 282. Most of that loss (over 20 pounds) has been since I started taking the diet more seriously and been talking to some (much healthier but still dieting) friends for support and camaraderie in early-to-mid October. That’s just waaaaaaay over “two pounds a week”, but I’m not starving myself and I don’t feel constantly tired or anything.

Is this common? I’m trying to be healthy and practice good habits I’ll follow through with for the years to come and am kind of worried I’m either being terrible with the diet or am coincidentally sick with something to lead to weight loss that rapid. But then again, I have a ton to lose and I have heard you tend to lose faster starting out.

submitted by /u/Flimsy-Bluejay-469
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/T7e0xEf

No comments:

Post a Comment