Wednesday, November 22, 2023

How to be patient and enjoy the weight loss process?

Hello! I am finally slowly but surely shedding the weight off, hopefully for the last time! I started out at 215 and am now at 208 (not a huge difference, but it’s taken me months to actually gain momentum in my weight loss.) I am 5’7 and my goal weight is either 150 or 160, I’ll basically stop when I’m satisfied with how I look. I honestly feel an urgency when it comes to losing weight. Having lost weight before (245 to 150), my progress isn’t anything new or exciting. I don’t look the worst I ever have but I know I could look much, much better. I find myself ruminating on being overweight and how I let myself gain some of the weight back. I did the math and I probably won’t like how I look until March, which feels like a long time from now. I genuinely want to enjoy the process, because losing weight is one day at a time. So how can I be patient and deal with how slow this journey is? Any suggestions? The first time I lost weight I was unemployed! But I kept busy by reading everyday, going on two hour walks, etc…. Should I just aim to be busy to get my mind off repetitive thoughts bashing how fat and unattractive I feel? Maybe I’m fixating on this because I’m kind of on vacation and don’t have work to distract me.

submitted by /u/Title-fight-fiend
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ET0fKGo

No comments:

Post a Comment