Thursday, November 30, 2023

Confused about calories left over for the day and desserts

Hi y’all!

Sorry for the long read!

First off, I’m so thankful for this sub for kicking my butt into gear and making me see that weight loss is possible!

I’m 24F, 5’6”, SW: 225lb, CW: 216, GW: 150.

I started using the Lose It app and actually tracking weight loss about 2 weeks ago and so far, I’ve been doing great at staying under my recommended calories for the day (aside from Thanksgiving).

However, I’m a bit confused about what’s going on with my body. I do IF 16:8, and I eat two meals a day. One is usually around 1-2pm. My favorite recipes so far for lunch have been chicken and cheese egg white omelettes, turkey sandwiches, or chicken quesadillas. Usually around 300-500 calories.

For dinner, I like to make steak and asparagus, or soups, or some form of chicken + rice + vegetables. This is anywhere from 400-600 calories.

My recommended calories a day is 1400, and I’ve been having a hard time hitting that. With just meals, I’m usually at around 800-1000 a day. I try to still stay at least 150 calories below the LoseIt rec just in case I’m counting anything wrong.

I feel full and haven’t had any major cravings or the need to eat more, but I use the extra 400-600 calories to have dessert every night. I’ll have a cup of tea with a couple pieces of chocolate, some strawberries, peppermint meringues, sometimes I bake low cal options of my favorite desserts. Regardless, it doesn’t feel like the “healthiest” way to fill up the last bit of calories.

I’m just curious if this is going to affect my weight loss negatively if I keep going like this? Should I try to eat larger meals and skip desserts? I’m hitting my macros more on some days than others but I’m never grossly below the recommended daily amount.

submitted by /u/honorablymentioned
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/1ZWwhiL

No comments:

Post a Comment