Monday, November 20, 2023

How important is daily step count if you’re doing high intensity workouts?

I've heard over and over how important it is to get 10,000 steps a day, especially for fat loss or weight loss.

Does this apply to those who are doing high intensity workouts like Pelaton? I work out 4-5 times a week with my workouts being anywhere from 45-60 minutes, a combination of both strength training and cardio on the bike.

However most days I just can't seem to get more than 6,000 steps. I take my dog for a long (1-1.5 miles) walk about 4-5 times a week. When not working out I try to stay active around the house cleaning, cooking, etc. I live in a neighborhood that isn't safe enough to walk at night so during this time of year I can't walk outside after 5pm.

Since my Pelaton ride doesn't register as "steps" on my Apple Watch, on the days I do a 45 minute HIIT and hills ride as my workout my steps may be as low as 4,000. I know the metrics on Apple Watch are not the most accurate, but I usually burn 420-460 calories during these rides. By the end of the day, I'll typically have a calorie burn of like 650-800 on the days I workout. I do take 2-3 rest days a week but still am only able to hit about 6,000 steps a day.

Is only getting 6,000 steps a day affecting my fat loss progress even if I'm doing high intensity/high calorie burn workouts most days?

submitted by /u/blondieee12
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/dRhjQrZ

No comments:

Post a Comment