Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Losing too quickly?

At the beginning of September I weighed in at 253lb (M, 6'0, 34 years old). It was the heaviest I'd ever been and it was the final straw for me. I was sick of being out of breath going up the stairs, getting exhausted quickly playing hockey, shirts getting tight, and my face looking fat in photos. Scale calculated body fat at 53%.

So I set out on a fairly rigid plan. My TDEE calculated out at ~2500. I stopped eating all fast food, revised what I cooked at home to include way more vegetables and salads, started weighing foods and counting calories, stopped drinking anything other than black coffee and water, and am running on the treadmill 4x weekly (typically 30-40 mins using the iFit app). I've set my calorie limit at 1950 and rarely, if ever, exceed that.

For background, I used to be in good shape ~8-10 years ago. 4-5 days/week workout schedule plus hockey a few times per week. At 1900 calories I was a bit hungry here and there but I've adjusted and manage well.

Today, 12 weeks later, I'm sitting at 214.8lb and 44% BF. I'm happy with the weight loss however a bit concerned that I'm losing too quickly and the BF% difference is a bit low given the total weight loss.

Am I going too quickly? Is this unhealthy? What would you recommend changing if I needed to change something?

submitted by /u/Tempura_Shelter
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/bzAZrUl

No comments:

Post a Comment