Sunday, July 7, 2019

I Threw Away Food Today.

I know that this is very much a first world achievement. But ever since I was a kid, my mother always said to finish the food on my plate, which I did, and I would always make sure to eat the leftovers of whatever else is in the fridge. As I grew up, the thought of letting good food waste. I thought I was doing the right thing, and in many ways I was, it's not good to waste food. But working at a coffee shop, there is so much food we throw away when mistakes are made. Today was the first day of my renewed weight loss journey. I have started up, and stopped a few times now, but with my depression worsening, what else do I have to lose? I've decided to try and actually fight for myself in some small way. So when those food mistakes came through, usually, I would put in the back, or set it to the side to eat later. But I said to myself, "better in the trash than in your body". So amidst the rush, with the food in my hands, I quickly tossed it in the trash. And subsequently, it became so much easier to begin to toss things into the trash. I realized when my other coworkers are in my position, they just throw the stuff way without having to think nearly as much I did today. They don't think the same as I do. Food is not something that we must partake in whenever we encounter it, its hard to look at something delicious and not have it. I'm fortunate to even the option, but the reality is, I'm not doing much of a service to anyone by making myself sicker.

submitted by /u/ColdChildhood8
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2L6aP3D

No comments:

Post a Comment