Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Thank you for all your work and inspiration!

First of all I want to thank each and every one of you even if you've just lost that just that 1st pound. You are inspiring and helping to prove that diets do work, they do work when it becomes a lifestyle. Thank you for taking control of your health and trying to make a difference, especially in the age of misinformation of "health at every size".

I started out at 205lbs and my PCOS was getting the best of me. I was a competitive swimmer who used to eat any food and inhale food, and still lost weight. I got to 205 in just two years of not training for swim. I still saw myself as in shape but I was lying to myself. I started last year and nothing worked. I tried strict keto tracking and felt defeated when I had a family event that put me off track. I also realized keto was not for my lifestyle as I might be part fruit bat.

Thanks to your posts and proving weight loss is possible and sustainable I am able to say I have hit my 20lb milestone which was always looming in the distance. I've done it through weight lifting (shout out to Jeremy Either's lifting routines!), lower carb eating (just cutting out pasta, white carbs, and most processed sugar), and drinking at least 3.5L/120oz of water a day. I will admit too that the last 10lbs has been aided by being diagnosed with ADHD and the medication helps with hunger. Drinking more water and eating 1g protein per lb of weight has had the biggest impact on curbing hunger and aiding my drive to eat clean though! I am also swimming or running for about 1hour 2x a week since I do a brewery run club and I am doing a few open water swimming events.

Eating low carb has helped me to use my carbs as fuel as well. I am making sure to enjoy my fruit before a workout so I have that extra burst of fuel. Weightlifting has taught me to view my calories and macros as goals instead of a restriction, even though I am eating at 20% deficit from my TDEE. To make it a lifestyle I am aiming for a 80% eating clean and under or at 20% deficit, with the other 20% of my life being enjoying foods while I am out with friends, or taking that day of sitting on the couch to play video games and let my body recover. I really think this combo of workouts and eating is something I can sustain and I feel really good on! I want to take back my health and see if I can become one of those grandmas that squat one day!

TDLR: Losing weight by weightlifting 3-4x a week, running or swimming 1hr 2x a week. Eating at 20% deficit of TDEE with a 40%protein/40%fat/20%carb ratio, sometimes flexible ratio depending on running/swimming workout as I do higher carb for longer days. Lost 20lbs. The goal is 22% body fat, not sure what weight that will be.

(Metric info SW93kg CW84, 9kg lost, 173cm)

submitted by /u/wayzofgray
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/307U1wE

No comments:

Post a Comment