Tuesday, July 2, 2019

SSRIs and weight gain

Today I took my first dose of Lexapro. Yay!

I know the benefits far outweigh (no pun intended) the weight gain risks, but I'm still curious about your experience with weight loss and SSRIs. I am starting my medication in the middle of my weight loss journey, not starting a regimen as a direct result of SSRI weight gain.

I imagine that already having a weight loss gameplan, weighing food, counting calories, monitoring water and activity etc etc etc will give me an advantage over those that start the medication without that level of awareness.

Did it inhibit your weight loss? Did you gain weight, despite your best efforts? I want to know what to expect so I don't blame myself too much.

submitted by /u/DepersonalizingCow
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RMZG8q

No comments:

Post a Comment