Tuesday, April 7, 2020

I feel like I'm cheating and I am fearing maintenance as I approach it... (ADHD meds, anyone on stimulants can comment?)

Las fall, early November I think, I was at 225-230. I ran bit, but didn't calculate calorie or any of that. I gained 10-15lbs in a year since being with my GF. I was struggling mentally with a few things. After speaking to my doc, I got diagnosed with ADHD-PI and got on Vyvanse. Frankly, this explained so much things and it turned my life around, but this is a discussion for another time. I feel my dosage is right, it is effective.

February through December was business as usual regarding what I ate and my weight. I ate wayyyy to much on holiday. I began counting calorie early January. I am now at 195 lbs, which is fucking great. My goal weight for now is 180, I am 5'8".

What fears me, is that even on those week that slacked, I lost weight. Last week, I ate a LITERAL bucket of gummies and sweet. I was prepared to have gained 2-3 lbs and frankly felt okay with that. I lost 1 lbs...

Cutting calories has been easy for me, I barely snack (quarantine changed that a bit), me and my GF cut on carbs and doubles our veggies portion. I really don't feel like I am starving myself. On MFP estimated that should eat 1900 kcal to lose 1 lbs a week on a sendentary lifstyle, I made sure to always be 2-300kcal below that most day.

Now I fell of the wagon. I stopped counting calorie. I ate that bucket of gummies I mentioned, ate 2 poutine in 3 weeks, some mcflurries here and there. I am still losing weight. Our main course didn't change a lot tho, those are still healthy.

Vyvanse is known to cause some weight loss in some people. It cuts your appetite. I honestly never felt like I had no appetite since getting on it, never had difficulty eating on the medication.

I fear reaching my goal. I don't know if I am gonna be able to maintain it. I'd want to stay at 180 for a while to get comfortable with my new body.

Is there some people on those medication that have any insight on that?

submitted by /u/PhilRattlehead
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3aLP3LH

No comments:

Post a Comment