Thursday, February 10, 2022

How long is it okay to stay in a deficit?

I'm 157cm (5'2) and 68kg, looking to get down to 55. With my current activity level, online calculators gave me 1.3k calories to have a 500 cal deficit. This roughly checks out with the rate of loss (down from 71).

I don't feel like I'm restricting at all anymore. The first few days it was hard to not grab a bag of chips (I love them), but now about 2 months later I'm fine with just getting a handful and nibbling. I'd even say I prefer it.

My question: is it alright to continue with this amount until I hit my goal? Or should I attempt to maintain at certain points and raise calories? I can't tell what's misinfo or not regarding metabolisms etc

Everywhere online recommends taking breaks around the 12 week mark, but then elaborates that it will make it easier to stick to the limit. I'm not struggling with the limit for now, but I'm worried if it will affect the rate of loss later on.

I'd prefer to stick to the current limit because I like the routine I have now regarding meals and don't want to shake it up. I would like to eventually raise my intake to 1.7k after hitting 55 (which is what the calculators said I could eat at that weight, I'd add more if I needed it).

So tl, dr: is it okay to stay in a ~500cal deficit for 6-8 months; and will this effect my 'metabolism'/rate of weight loss in any way. I do not feel that the deficit is restrictive and am comfortable with the amount of food I eat.

submitted by /u/kazuju
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/raiVYG2

No comments:

Post a Comment