Friday, February 4, 2022

How to balance calories with protein intake while intermittent fasting?

I've been slowly losing weight over the last 1.5-2 years, around 40 lb now.

This is the longest I've been sustaining weight loss and I credit intermittent fasting as a big part of it. It really aligns with a style of eating I can maintain. I eat around 1500 calories a day.

I've been incorporating exercise like daily 2-3 mile walks over the last 2 years and isometric stretching over the last 6 months.

I have enough mobility now that I'm trying to get into some basic weight lifting. I bought some 50 lb adjustable dumbbells and have been using them consistently for the last month or so and have been seeing good results.

I want to incorporate this into my life in a sustainable way.

I've been watching a lot of videos on weight lifting and have consistently seen many who suggest consuming between .6 g- .8 g of protein per pound of body weight to build muscle.

Even at the low end, for me that would be around 160-175 grams of protein.

I eat 1-2 meals a day. Looking at my food intake for the last few months, I eat between around 60-80 grams of protein per day staying within my 1500 calories.

Even if I can start drinking 2 protein shakes a day and stay within my calories, I'm still only going to be getting around 130 g of protein per day.

Does anyone have advice for me who has been doing something similar? Do I just need to forget about trying to get the suggested amount of protein and do what I can while staying within my calories?

submitted by /u/cocoagiant
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/RUITpjH

No comments:

Post a Comment