Friday, February 4, 2022

Appetite suppressants vs. Meal replacements… which one should I go with?

So, I am 28/F, and I am wanting to lose some weight. I am 5’4”, and I weigh somewhere between 300-310 lbs. So, not good.

I have found two different bariatric clinics where I am. Neither of them require bariatric surgery, which is what I am trying to avoid, but their programs are a little different from each other.

The first program offers a meal replacement system, where you can either do ONLY meal replacements (5 a day), or you can do 4 meal replacements a day, and one regular meal. They don’t go into much detail about the meal replacements, so I’m not sure if it’s shakes, or like, their own prepared meals, or what.

The second program gives you a diet plan and has you take appetite suppressants + some other medications. The medications include: Phentermine, Phendimetrazine, Diethylpropion, HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin), B12 shots, and you can also “upgrade” your B12 shot and do Lipotropic Injections instead.

Both of these programs offer nutrition counseling and long term maintenance with weight loss.

I’m just not super sure which one to go with, or which one would be the best for me. Of course, I know I will need to include exercise in this as well.

I’m just wondering if anyone has any experience with either or these types of weight loss programs? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/schmidt_onyourface
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Z09wKkq

No comments:

Post a Comment