Monday, February 7, 2022

I’ve figured out that telling myself “no” is the greatest act of self-love I can perform, and I’m proud of that

I’ve never considered myself to be particularly good at self-control in financial, emotional, or food related areas. I always thought I deserved to treat myself and constantly rationalized my overeating or poor food choices. My lack of self-control has clearly been detrimental to my health and overall well being. I’ve found myself to be consistently tired, have painful joints in my lower extremities, and have consistent anxiety and depression. Improving my self control has been paramount to my weight loss journey, as it should be. I’ve improved my eating habits and have restrained myself from excessive treats.

Telling myself no has also improved my mental state. I find myself to be happier and more upbeat on a day-to-day basis. When I tell myself no to something unhealthy or outside my calorie budget, I’m momentarily grouchy, but the respect I feel for myself the next morning or even later the same day significantly outweighs momentary dissatisfaction.

While I’m nowhere near reaching my goal, I’m proud of the small progress I’ve made and the person I’m working to become.

submitted by /u/always_need_a_nap
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Q1Fhjng

No comments:

Post a Comment