Friday, February 4, 2022

The solution I finally found was to lose weight with someone I love - 40lbs Down

6”3’ 31yo male, who grew up in a family that didn’t know anything about portion control or calorie counting. I’ve been ‘trying’ to lose weight on and off since the first time someone called me chubby when I was four or five? In my twenties I finally gained the tools and knowledge to begin trying different diets, and the two I landed on (that are now my go-to methods) are calorie counting and intermittent fasting.

The truth, though, is that I have tried both of these multiple times before and would always yo-yo back the weight after a while. I’d be on a great run, seeing results, but I’d eventually fall off the wagon. I’ve finally figured out why - I’d just get sick of the voice in my head telling me to lose weight (I would always end up being cruel to myself in this voice, trying to force myself to stick with the weightoss in order to look ‘normal’), while the voice in my head that was kind to me, was also invariably the one telling me to treat myself to a binge meal, that I had ‘earned it’. My mental health craved the kindness and a break from the cruelty, and I would always end up giving in, going months without trying to think about ‘calorie counting’, lest those negative thoughts came back

This time around, my partner wanted to lose a little weight with me, and all of a sudden the ‘voice’ convincing me to keep going was coming from someone outside of myself who loves me. Likewise, I became their ‘voice’ - constantly telling them how proud I am of them, and motivating them to keep moving forward. All of a sudden my thoughts about weight loss began to change - I was no longer cruel to myself, because someone I loved was on the same journey and I couldn’t imagine saying those hurtful things to them.

Anyway, now I’m not burned out about my journey. I’m dropping the pounds fast and motivated to keep pushing until I hit my goal.

TL;DR - Dieting with my SO taught me how to lose weight with positivity and self-love.

submitted by /u/RoosterBark
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/lZYaLuN

No comments:

Post a Comment