Friday, February 4, 2022

Women who strength train - I have some questions for you!

I really want to have a healthy relationship with food and I can tell I'm on the cusp of a very unhealthy one. I'm counting calories but I'm finding I'm always secretly aiming to eat under my calorie goal. I'm seeing weight loss from it but I know it's not sustainable so I've now developed anxiety because I feel like I could gain it all back in a second. My exercise has been commuting to work on a bike (weather dependent - so more anxiety about weight gain if I miss a few days) but also a strength training program with a physio (for a non-chronic back injury).

I know what I want, I love strength training and I want to continue that and I want a stress free relationship with food. My impression (could be wrong) is with strength training you tend to eat more than you think you should, to help with your lifting. I want to eat to fuel my body but also know I'm ok to eat whatever I want occasionally because I can trust that my body can handle it (alcohol at social events, eat something delicious and decadent because someone has cooked for me etc).

So I would just really love to hear from anyone who started out a bit like me and is now feeling much more in control of this aspect of their lives. What was your turning point? What helped you get comfortable with a higher intake of food? How did you transition from one to the other and what does your life look like now?

Long winded replies welcome!

🙏🏼

submitted by /u/ShakeLittle4960
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ecK87IW

No comments:

Post a Comment