Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Idea for minimizing loose skin, thoughts?

Was wondering what you all thought of this. I'm 24F 5'5 250lbs GW 130lbs. Past 4 years I've been 220+lbs. I am fairly young and want to try to avoid skin removal surgery (though I accept I might need a skin reduction on my breasts). I'm aesthetically motivated honestly so loose skin is a big deal for me. Honestly the thought of loose skin has been kind of demotivating for me, though I know I need to lose weight for my health and comfort as well.

My thought is that I could lose 60-75 lbs to get myself into a safer zone regarding my health (nearing overweight BMI instead of obese). From there, I'd want to maintain a while, maybe 6 months, to give my skin a fighting chance at bouncing back. From there, I'd make the second push of clearing the last 45-60 lbs. At the end of the day, loose skin will probably happen, but this might help me prevent it from being as bad.

I think going slower with weight loss overall would probably be better, a steady decline, but I'm a very all-or-nothing person and I need to embrace what I'm good at to finally drop the lbs.

Obviously this is a long road ahead of me, but I'm finally ready to tackle it for real. I have kept up my calorie restrictions for over a week already, which is a big deal for me. I'm super excited and wish you all luck on your journeys!

submitted by /u/NewTastes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/E0w57xC

No comments:

Post a Comment