Saturday, March 5, 2022

McDonald's fries are a healthy choice compared to the fries, burger, & soda. Two slices of pizza is a healthy choice compared to the whole pizza.

This may seem obvious to some of you, but it took me a long time to finally realize this. One of my biggest things with weight loss/eating healthy is this all or nothing attitude.

I used to think if I really want a Chick-fil-A sandwich, I'm being unhealthy so I should get my normal meal complete with the fries & soda. When we order pizza, I think I'm already being unhealthy, I should get the cinnamon sticks & too. And pizza is so good with Coke, so I should get that too. I leave feeling like total shit about myself, usually eat way too much & eventually end up going back to my old ways of eating crap all the time.

I've finally learned that a meal doesn't need to be all healthy or all unhealthy. It's completely acceptable to get the nuggets with a side salad & unsweet tea. Or get the nuggets on a salad. I can order pizza, but I can do a thin crust with veggies & skip the cinnamon sticks & soda & not eat the whole thing in one sitting. I can go to Starbucks, but I can do a smaller size & less sweetener than normal. And I can get one mini scone instead of a big one or 3 minis.

When I make these healthiER decisions, I still get my treat & I walk away feeling proud of myself instead of like shit or like I failed. And it's actually something I can do for the rest of my life compared to never eating french fries or pizza again.

submitted by /u/refusestopoop
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/n2T9tcw

No comments:

Post a Comment