Friday, March 4, 2022

What do you do for fun that doesn’t involve eating?

Hi all, I am fairly new around here so apologies if this has been discussed over and over already. My husband and I have recently committed to weight loss and have been making some really good changes to our lifestyle. I’ve lost 3kg in a month so far and am thrilled. We’re doing well nutritionally and setting good routines with exercise and sleep. I feel great. The trouble we’re having is that we don’t know what to do with our selves now that our spare time isn’t focused on food. I work Monday-Friday office hours and my husband does shift work so we don’t often get Friday/Saturday nights off together. If we do then we used to go on date nights which would generally involve dinner with drinks, a trip to our local ice cream shop for dessert and then a stop at the dairy for a bag of m’n’ms (or two) to finish the night. Last night was our first Friday night together since making lifestyle changes and we were so lost. It was so strange! I cooked a nutritious dinner but kept saying “we don’t have to eat this.. we can save it for tomorrow” hoping he’d suggest we go out for a cheat meal but after looking up the cals for what we’d get if we went out we decided it wasn’t worth it so we ate the dinner I made. Then it was 7pm and I thought .. what on earth do we do now? Sure we could have gone to the gym but it was Friday night, we wanted to do something fun! (I’m not at that elusive stage where the gym is fun for me). We ended up going for a drive around town like my grandparents used to do. Then watched a movie (sans m’n’ms) and went to bed early. All very healthy but so boring!

So I’d like to ask the group - does anyone have any tips for fun things to do in the evening that aren’t focused on food? Day-time time off together isn’t so bad. It’s just the evenings without gorging that have got me feeling bored and unsatisfied with life!

submitted by /u/ArchieChaCho
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/bjIJiNZ

No comments:

Post a Comment