Thursday, March 3, 2022

Officially lost 5lbs… in 2 months

5’3, 22, Female, SW and highest: 185lbs, CW: 180lbs

Hello all!

Thanks for reading my first post, I just started my weight loss journey and am determined not to give up! Having lost 5 pounds now makes me feel amazing because it shows what I’m doing is actually working and motivates me to keep going.

So, I have always been overweight my whole life. I have memories from preschool of being made fun of for my belly. I never though actually tried to lose weight before now. For all of highschool and most of college I was between 160-170 lbs. I didn’t really watch what I ate, but I was much more active. I graduated from college in May and honestly at the end I was really struggling. I started rewarding myself at the end of the day for doing so much schoolwork I didn’t want to do with foods I knew were unhealthy like pizza and french fries. I also lived that year for the first time alone, so I didn’t have anyone to judge what I ate. It was also a block away from a convenience store so almost daily I would walk there and just get snacks.

When it started to get cold in the fall, I would come to realized all of my jeans are too tight now which was the motivating factor for starting this journey. I was a size 12/30in waist, so the idea that I would soon not be able to find my size in regular stores worried me. I always said how even though I am treated differently because of my weight socially, I can’t compare to the societal factors that affect someone much larger who can’t walk into any store and find something that fits, among other things. So I bought one new pair that fits (my leggings still fit) and decided I would lose more than just this recent gain and just buy new clothes then. I have always held myself back from wearing clothes i want to because of my body so the idea of buying all new clothes is so exciting to me.

I weighted in the for first time on Dec 30th at 185lbs, by Feb 1st I was 182.2, but wouldn’t lose the remaining 2.2lbs until this week. I started with counting calories, MFP said 1460 cals was my goal and i logged and tracked for a little but it really doesn’t work with my lifestyle. I got a good understanding though of how many calories I was eating before (way too many) and what 1500 cals looks like in the foods I regularly eat. I have been vegetarian for a few years now so I think at the beginning I was struggling with meals because I couldn’t just eat grilled chicken and broccoli for every meal. I also think not exercising consistently is why I didn’t lose more in Jan. Now, in Feb I haven’t been snacking nearly as much, haven’t had any high calorie day slip ups, getting my protein in, cut down sugar and bread, and am going to the gym about 4 days a week. (expect week of my period only went twice, i maintained 182 during that week.) I am only at the gym for a half hour, i do 2 miles on the treadmill of mixed running and walking. i’m trying to run more but I really don’t have good endurance. I make sure though when I’m walking it’s still fast breaking a sweat.

I didn’t put a goal weight because I really don’t know, I am going to look into it more when I lose more. I’m focused now on getting below 160 with no timeframe in mind because I want to do this weight loss healthy and sustainably. Reading about other people’s journeys has really been inspiring for me so I figured I’d contribute since I don’t see many women with my starting weight and height. Hopefully will contribute before and after pictures one day!

submitted by /u/kaliallie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/DiOaAyG

No comments:

Post a Comment