Thursday, March 3, 2022

Unsupportive Family and Friends

Background: I have been on a weight loss journey for well over 3 years and it’s had ups and downs. At my highest I was 310lbs and just had a baby. My lowest was 195lbs. I am a 5’9” female and built very large. Goal weight is 175lbs.

So I recently had a baby. I am trying to lose the 60lb weight gain from the baby (yes I enjoyed my pregnancy a little TOO much lol). Every time i try and talk about any of these things, whether it be new foods I’m trying, exercises, or just overall weight related details, my family AND friends all just shut down. My family and friends are all overweight. Do I care? Not a bit! They can do whatever makes them happy! It just is really disheartening when I can’t talk about something that is exciting to me to my loved ones.

Does anyone else ever feel this from others? Usually it’s just a complete shutdown or change of topic. Even when I am telling them I lost x amount of weight, they’re just like well yeah I need to do something to, I know, ok? And I’m just annoyed because I would like a little bit of cheering on from those I hold close to me.

submitted by /u/Nurse_mama_wife
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/l9eb3Lg

No comments:

Post a Comment