Wednesday, April 5, 2023

I'm Feeling Very Optimistic This Time Around

Hello Peeps! I have my first scale victory in my recent return to my weight loss journey. SW:240 GW: 190, and I just got down to 225 (I'm 5'8"). I haven't seen the 220s in about 7 years. I've been an athlete in some form for the majority of my life, but previously, I always just ate whatever I wanted. As I've gotten older (just turned 30), I've had to change my eating because I gain so quickly, and it feels so hard to get off.

I was skeptical of CICO tracking at first, but it made me realize that I don't need as much food as I think I do. I don't follow CICO super strictly, but it's helped me to visualize what the right servings should be. I've also upped my fruit/vegetable intake, and I workout 4-5 times a week (sports practices included).

Immediate NSV I've noticed so far: Pushing Harder at the gym Better endurance at sports practices (I play roller derby) Looser fitting clothes Changes in my mindset and desires for less nutritious foods Less knee and back pain Chores are Easier Much more energy Posture Changes Got into a size 12 today!

These past two months, I've been seeing the scale go down, but I couldn't physically see the changes. That is, until I went home to my parents who have a full body mirror, and I could see a TOTAL change. I'm so motivated to keep going, and this is just the beginning of my journey. I SO appreciate everyone's posts here; I think that having a community where I don't feel alone has contributed to my success as well. 35 more pounds to go!

submitted by /u/Top-Ad-9369
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/UzcCTGt

No comments:

Post a Comment