Wednesday, April 5, 2023

For those who kept it off, how did you do it and what worked?

It’s been 5 years for me. I’m now at a point where I don’t think about weight loss anymore because the lifestyle changes stuck.

What worked for me was 1) be mindful of what/why I eat 2) meal prep and 3) walking.

42F: 5’2” SW 185 CW 140 GW ?? (From size 14 to size 6) Husband 42M: 5’9” SW 205 CW 135 GW 135 (From L/XL to XS)

I lost 25 lbs back in 2018 through low carb and exercise. My husband started cycling and lost 50lbs. I gained 5lbs back a year later but started CICO to be mindful of what I eat and why I eat. I also started meal prepping because we work long hours. I lost that weight creep and my husband lost another 10lbs.

Then the pandemic happened and I started WFH. Since I was not in the office, there were no snacks, no pizza meetings and I used my lunch break for mental health walks. We both lost another 10lbs without trying.

In 2021 we moved to SoCal because I got tired of the New England cold and SAD. I’m not a big fan of grocery shopping so I signed up for CSA deliveries (Farm Fresh To You) and monthly instacart deliveries for everything else. I still continued with meal preps but this time we ate significantly less meat for health reasons. Maybe 1lb of turkey/chicken at most per week, more plant based proteins. I still do long walks and being mindful of what/why I eat. 2022 I lost another 10lbs without the mental toll of trying. My husband maintained. 2023 Still too early to tell if the weight loss continues.

Edit: For those who are still in their journey, I wish you well. Remember to be kind to yourself and your body.

submitted by /u/Bostonbooknerd3
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/JIMahk6

No comments:

Post a Comment