Thursday, April 6, 2023

Autism & weight loss

Any other autistics out there really struggling with weight loss?

I mean don’t get me wrong, for the most part it’s great. I love the gym now, I feel more confident, my mobility is better. I know my body better than ever, I’m truly enjoying my food choices. My deficit feels fine. The scale is going down.

But for me my biggest autism thing that I struggle with is change. And I’m losing weight, which means my body is constantly changing. And it’s so overwhelming because one day my safe clothing doesn’t fit, another day the way my hips feel has changed… even seeing the scale move freaks me out. I think a lot of people assume autistic people only struggle with bad change but good change can be just as difficult to deal with.

Anyone else dealing with this? Any coping methods? Thanks.

submitted by /u/pepperpix123
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/HpCLab2

No comments:

Post a Comment