Sunday, June 4, 2023

Any tips for someone who's horrible at sticking to goals?

I'm 29M 5'8" 250lbs. I'm once again trying to get into the habit of creating a calorie deficit and increasing my physical activity.

I get really motivated to do it for about a week, then I become less and less passionate until I'm like "screw it, too much effort" just shy of a month later. I've tried to lose weight several times and followed that same pattern. I've done this in the past with big craft projects, school projects, budgeting money; literally anything that's long-term I just can't seem to follow through to completion.

Supposedly it's a trait of ADHD (which I do have), but that still doesn't help me with trying to figure out how to stick to at least tracking calories and abiding by the limits, even if I feel like it's a huge chore.

I'm very much an instant gratification person, so I think it just get incredibly impatient when I don't see results right away - which of COURSE is incredibly unrealistic, but my brain just refuses to accept the fact that it takes a lot of time and effort to finish long-term things, such as weight loss.

Does anyone else have this same type of personality and have found ways to overcome it? I'm desperate for advice. I want to fit in my old clothes again :(

submitted by /u/DumpsterPuff
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/TyL2lio

No comments:

Post a Comment