Saturday, June 3, 2023

i’ve finally found something that’s working for me and it feels great

long story short: i lost 30lbs last year, but was constantly binging and regaining some and then losing it and then gaining some back. in february of this year, i completely fell off and started binging horribly everyday. i’ve gained back almost everything i lost last year.

i’ve spent the last three months feeling terrible about myself. i felt like i was gonna be stuck here forever and like i ruined all of my progress. i haven’t been able to find ANYTHING that’s worked for me consistently. except for now. i finally took a step back and REALLY thought about what i was doing and why it wasn’t working for me. here’s some things i’ve started doing recently that have helped tremendously!

  1. breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday and at least 15g of protein with each meal.

before, i would see how long in the day i could go without eating. i called it fasting, but it honestly wasn’t. i would wait until 4pm and then eat. and guess what happened every time. i ended up binging at night. three meals a day has been soooo important and helpful. they’re nothing special or anything, but they’re something. i know everyone says to eat like 30g or 40g or something for each meal, but that’s just not realistic for me right now. so i aim for at least 15-20g and it’s been helping a lot. i’m not constantly thinking about what i’m gonna eat next and haven’t binged since i started this. i usually count protein for breakfast and lunch, but i always eat a lot of protein with dinner so i don’t usually count.

  1. limiting carbs at dinner.

listen. i’m not saying i’m on some keto diet or something. that definitely does not work for me personally. i just end up binging on carbs later. but i’ve tried to limit my carbs with dinner. burgers without the bun, 1/4 or 1/2 a cup of rice instead of 1 or 2. just whatever i can do or what i’m feeling like. also, for my fellow type one diabetics out there, this has helped me tremendously with overnight highs. i’m not waking up in the 400s from huge carb filled dinners. it also helps me to stop and think: “if i eat all these carbs right now, how is that gonna make me feel later? what if i just take out whatever carbs i can while making sure i’ll still be satisfied?” works great. and if i’m feeling like eating more carbs some nights, then i’m eating more carbs those nights! idk if any of that makes sense but yeah. i also feel like this has helped with the binging too and wanting something sweet after dinner.

  1. focusing my mind on other things. making goals. finding a hobby.

it’s so easy to get lost in all of this weight loss stuff. it’s hard not to constantly think about it. finding a hobby and focusing on that has really helped. i started reading awhile ago, but it didn’t really help me get my mind off things too much. but lately, i’ve been falling behind on my goal for how many books i wanna read this year so i’ve been really determined to get back on track and read a lot of books this month. so i’m always thinking about it. “oh i need to go read so i can get to my goal this month!” “oh i wonder what book im gonna read next!” “i really wanna finish this book today! i’m gonna try really hard to finish it!” literally just focusing on reaching my reading goal has helped so much. sometimes i just sit in my room and talk to myself about books lol. it really helps to calm the voice in my head that’s panicking about food and how much i’m gonna eat today and when i’m gonna eat and what i’m gonna eat. (forget to mention but eating three meals a day does this too! my thoughts about food have decreased by at least 70-80% everyday.) replacing one obsession with another lol

  1. small amounts of exercise and changing my “why” for exercise.

i’ve never really exercised consistently or anything. i usually would tell myself “i need to start exercising so i can lose weight quicker.” so i’d find some crazy intense workout and do a large amount of it for about….three days or so and then give up. it wasn’t sustainable. i’ve found doing small amount everyday has really helped me. even just a short 12 minute workout video before bed. or half of one of those videos before work. or 20-30 minutes in the pool. and it’s not the end of the world if i miss a day. i also changed my reason. instead of exercising bc i wanna lose weight faster, i started exercising bc how cool would it be to be stronger?? it would feel so amazing! picking up that heavy box? no big deal! going on a long hike? no big deal! working 8 hours on my feet? no big deal! i feel weak and tired all the time so how cool would it be to feel even just the tiniest bit stronger? i think it would be pretty awesome.

and that’s it. nothing crazy, but it makes a huge difference. i’m feeling so much happier and free. it’s really great. i’m already seeing progress so i can’t wait to get to my goals!

submitted by /u/CarpetOne1076
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/jvoEtFq

No comments:

Post a Comment