Friday, June 2, 2023

Biggest Misconceptions in Weightloss and Fitness?

One of my friends is trying to lose weight. The more I talk to him, the more I realize he has some incredible misconceptions about weight loss, diet, and exercise.

For example, he only exercises 2x per week. I told him it would help his efforts if he spent some time at least walking every day. He said he wants to build muscle because muscle helps burn fat (true), but walking will destroy the muscle gains (not true). He also doesn't think drinking every day is a problem because 2 drinks or less per day is still "drinking in moderation."

This made me curious: what are some of the biggest misconceptions you've seen or used to have, and how did you overcome them?

submitted by /u/erikpavia
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/wzKDPQq

No comments:

Post a Comment