Sunday, June 4, 2023

Making friends with other girls into fitness

(27F in a larger city)

Don’t get me wrong, I love my friends. Each of them has a special place in my heart.

But I’m of the opinion that you should have friends that enjoy the same things as you! Most of my friends are moving in different directions in their life.. they already moved away, or they’re building families or working through other life events.

I have been very focused on my weight loss goals, and now I’m ready to turn that attention into strength building.

The only thing I feel is missing is a good friend to be on this journey with. None of my friends are interested in strength training, calisthenics, hitting the gym, etc.

I am internally motivated, but I’m also highly reactive to my environment. If I’m paired with someone else who is motivated, it’s a great positive feedback loop for me. A workout buddy would fill this hole in my life of wanting to share my journey with someone.

But I don’t want to be creepy and just walk up to other girls in the gym. I was fat for most of my life and I still feel out of place/imposter around other people who are really fit.

I also don’t really have extra cash for a class right now either, I already pay for a personal training app that’s working really well for me, and that + my gym membership eats up my fitness budget.

Any tips on where to start?

submitted by /u/IhopeitaketheL
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/uMKT13V

No comments:

Post a Comment