Sunday, June 4, 2023

A few NSVs lately 🥹

Hey r/loseit! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day wherever you are.

Just wanted to take a moment to celebrate a few small but exciting (to me) NSVs I’ve had lately that I hope are coming your way in the not-too-distant future too.

A double whammy at work the other day: one of my coworkers very gently said to me that she wasn’t sure if it was appropriate to say but she could really see that my face looked different having lost weight. I reassured her that it was intentional and as such a well received compliment! I was delighted. And then, I’ve never considered myself to be a sporty person. Active, yes, but sporty no. We were chatting about team sports and I said how I wasn’t a sporty person and my other coworker blurted out “I think you are!”. I’ve been working hard at the gym (I’m short, it helps) and learning to lift weights (which I’ve fallen in love with). I was so thrilled to get this validation after making it a goal of mine to turn my fitness aspirations into a reality.

Other NSV — having quit drinking back at the end of December, I use an app to check in daily and make sure I stay on track with sobriety. This has gratefully been easy, but also has made losing weight quite a lot easier. The app tells me the calories I’ve saved since quitting and twice now I’ve found that my calorie savings have translated directly to the weight I’ve lost this year. As of today: 95,400 or 27.2lbs expected weight loss vs 27.8lbs actual loss. Pretty damn cool huh?! Side note that I was a binge drinker and a beer drinker — hence the dizzying calorie count 🫠🥴

If you’ve been thinking about turning your life around, I’m here to tell you that it absolutely can be done and it’s so worth it. Feeling very happy to be 3/4 of the way to my first proper goal weight, and excited to see what the future holds as a now-fit-and-healthy person. 💪🏻🫶🏻

submitted by /u/callybeanz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/8VFC2Pk

No comments:

Post a Comment