Friday, April 3, 2020

3 Month plateau is starting to hurt my confidence

22F 5’4” SW: 160lbs CW: 141lbs GW: 125lbs

So in the last three months my weight has consistently been 140-142 on the scale. I do a weigh in once a week, at the same time every week since I’m very particular. But it just won’t budge. I’ve calculated my TDEE which is around 1,700kcal a day without exercise. I do workout about 5-6 times a week doing both cardio and strength training as I have spare time to build these habits being stuck inside due to my state’s lockdown. I track my calories and eat a deficit of 300-400kcal a day. Nothing is working. I’ve tried low carb diets. I’ve tried increasing my workout intensity. I’ve tried creating a bigger deficit. All to no avail.

Everyone hits plateaus and struggles with weight loss, of this I’m aware. But not being able to make progress is starting to affect my ability to be proud of what I’ve already done. I’ve gone back to looking in the mirror and hating parts of what I see. While I still have the motivation, it’s harder to push through when I’m not getting results.

Any advice on getting through the plateau to get to the last 10/15 pounds off would be greatly appreciated. Or if you need to commiserate plateauing with me, feel free to do so!

submitted by /u/dlm16b
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39IJFaR

No comments:

Post a Comment