Thursday, February 18, 2021

First change I made

Hi I’m 18, female, 5’5, and weigh 260. In the beginning of 2020 I was a junior going to school. I weighed about 230-240 when I was going to school. My mental health took a plunge during February to the point where I was basically having a panic attack daily. My parents were understanding and let me switch to online school. However this meant I would be graduating that year instead of the next. My weight unfortunately went up around 20 pounds since I wasn’t walking as much as I did (I always took the longest way to get to class). I’m self conscious about my self in many ways just because of my weight and have been for years now. It has made me feel like I can’t be myself. I’m not even comfortable enough to let any of my friends hug me or anything because I’m scared of them being able to feel how fat I am.

If I was making this post last year this would be end of it and I probably wouldn’t have made much of a change. However for some reason something in my brain clicked recently. To lose weight I need to stick with the changes I make. I don’t have to have an all or nothing approach towards weight loss. I need to have realistic expectations because I’m not gonna just be the weight I want to be in a couple of months. My whole mindset is not gonna change overnight either. The first change I made was yesterday. One of my favorite meals is tacos. In the past whenever we would have tacos I would eat 10 or more until I was up sick in the middle of the night. When I get my first plate I always get three. Yesterday I never got another plate of tacos. I didn’t even finish the three I had. I actually felt really proud of myself because of it and I still do. Today I had leftover tacos but I still didn’t binge on them like I usually do. It might seem like a small change but it’s a change I don’t feel upset about doing. When I tried to lose weight in the past I’d always feel upset and aggravated about the changes I was making. This time I actually feel proud of myself and it’s just the beginning of my weight loss.

submitted by /u/HoloCherry4
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3qA1XEu

No comments:

Post a Comment