Thursday, February 18, 2021

What questions to ask my doc

Hey! So I'm having a doctor's appointment in about an hour (virtual). I wanted to discuss my weight and any concerns I need to have. Primarily I wanted to ask about being tested for prediabetes and thyroid issues.

Pre pregnancy I was 140/150 lbs. While pregnant I got up to about 220 lbs. baby was born 2 years ago. After having my baby I went up to 290 lbs and now I've managed to get back down to the 260's.

I sweat alot, I'm tired all the time. I was severely anemic during my pregnancy so I'm not sure if I'm still low on iron or if these are due to my weight, maybe both.

I was wondering what kinds of questions I should ask my doctor about weight loss, tests I should request and anything else that would be of value on my mission to lose this weight.

Also what about a dietician? Is that something I should request a referral to? What exactly would they help me with? I want to make sure I cover all my bases. Most doctors here don't go out of their way to help so you have to ask for specific things.

Any help appreciated!

submitted by /u/UdderlySmoooth
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3doLtev

No comments:

Post a Comment