Saturday, January 22, 2022

515lbs - > 467lbs 6'2. .. Knee injury and an interesting turn of events. .. .

Hi all. like this group so much. I have lurked for years. Food has always been a coping mechanism for me and upon losing a job and partner and sustaining a knee injury I hit my highest weight ever last year (515). I began trying to make some changes in November but it was slow and had setbacks. I got down to 505 in December. The weekend before Christmas I started having some very painful GI issues do to too many NSAIDS(Advil) that caused me to lose my appetite completely and I was barely able to eat till just after New Years with some help from my physician to treat the issue. Apparently, not physically being able to eat led to the unexpected weight loss down to 487 and broke me of my strong desire for carbs and diet coke. Excited by the loss, I decided to double down with maintaining a low intake of food since I had apparently shrunk my appetite. Lots of water, proteins and dairy (yogurt for the stomach) as well as light carbs and veggies has allowed me to continue the and reach 467 as of today. And my knee pain that led to the NSAIDS issues is gone without meds to alleviate it. So, I guess I owe Advil some thanks. The forced two week portion control‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎­was long effective long enough to break me of addiction to sugars and carbs, as well as kick start this journey that has been put off too long.

submitted by /u/sharctic03
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3GVDyBw

No comments:

Post a Comment