Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Constrained Model for calories burn from exercise

So I have been working on sustaining my weight loss (331 Dec 2020 to 220 Sept 2021) and took up cycling, this winter I started structured training with trainer road (10-14 hours a week). All of this has resulted in a considerable projected calorie burn from exercise, on the order of 1100 calories a day as measured by a power meter. So I am still tracking my calories and had expected to be able to add my calories from the cycling to my bmr. My experience has been that this is not true. I am a big CICO fan, it is how I lost weight, but I started to increase my calories by 100 a week and once I hit about 2100-2200 I start to see my weight slowly go up. So I have adjusted to hold, but I guess the CO part of CICO seems not additive for me. So I started to do some internet research :) and came across the concept of constrained calorie burn. What do you think about this?

[This is a good summary article](https://www.vox.com/2016/4/28/11518804/weight-loss-exercise-myth-burn-calories)

submitted by /u/CinZ42
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3fLYcrz

No comments:

Post a Comment