Sunday, January 30, 2022

Lost 23kg (50lbs) in 9 months. 29kg left!

Hi! I'm a 22 (soon 23) yo male. I started my weight loss journey in May 2021. At that time, i was at 138kg (304lbs). Now I'm currently at 115kg (254lbs), so 23kg down (or a nice and round 50lbs for my American friends).

I gained 40+kg during my time in college, because I was in a toxic relationship and junk food was my only ally. Then i got out of the relationship in 2019, and for 2 years i tried to lose weight, failing every time to keep going. I'm just here to share what worked for me.

At that time, i tried several times to drastically change the way I eat, but sudden changes cannot be sustainable. So I decided to change one thing at a time, and i made sure to replace an old habit by a new one every two month. First thing I did was to stop ordering Uber Eats so much, and eat what was in my fridge, regardless of what I bought for food. It created a habit of eating things in my fridge, but it wasn't drastic because I bought whatever i wanted whenever I went shopping for food.

Next thing I did was to stop eating between meals. I am unemployed so I woke up pretty late in the morning every day. I skip breakfast and have two meals a day, eating whatever I wanted.

Next habit was to get myself into cooking. I started making meals my mom used to make me and that I liked, like lasagnas for examples. I make sure to have a list of food I want to cook so i know exactly what to get I'm going grocery shopping. My mom taught me how to do a homemade couscous for example ; I'm always trying to extend my cooking skills.

For those wondering : no, I'm not keeping track of the calories I am eating. I did it for a month or two, but i realized it only made me anxious because whenever i had a day where I ordered food or ate too much, I felt guilty seeing a negative calorie result on MyFitnessPal. So now I only use it to keep track of my weight.

I also weigh myself only one time a week, because I realized doing it everyday would determine my mood for the day, and I didn't want that. I weigh myself in the same conditions every time though ; when I get out of bed in the morning, after going to the toilets.

Next habit I wanna build myself is to go to the gym at least once a week. I have a membership but I never truly built the habit to go regularly, so it's my next step. When it'll be implemented, i want to try to go two or three times a week.

So yeah, just wanted to share my progress. It's so satisfying to have your friends tell you that your efforts are paying because you look different.

If anyone has any questions, I'll gladly answer.

And trust me, considering my background and my mental health, if I can do it, everyone can do it. you just have to find what works for you.

submitted by /u/VK62
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ewiW3RnXh

No comments:

Post a Comment