Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Let's talk about [my] weight loss goals, and realism. This post turned long fast 🫣

50m... Nov of 2019 I weighed in at the doctor at 307lbs. Then life kicked me in the face and I stopped eating due to stress. A therapist at the time suggested I exercise to reduce stress, not knowing I wasn't eating, and that became a stress reaction as well. However I dropped to 240lbs before feeling "deflated" and went up to 250 where I maintained until life kicked me in the teeth spring of last year. I dropped to about 217lbs before I started resistance training. I made the conscious decision 3 months to start eating and focus on recomposition. As long as I could see a difference in the mirror and my clothes fit the same or better I didn't worry about weight, I went up to 229lbs, (clothes still fitting good).

Three weeks ago, light kick, I went on a purposeful mini-cut wanting to hit 215 in 4 weeks. First week I dropped over 9lbs due to the reduced carbs and salt. Over the next 12 days I went to 211lbs before my body told me to cut it out.

I'm doing a week of maintenance before going back on a slight deficit to reach my goal of 15% body fat. I believe I'm around 21% now. The Navy method says I'm at 26, calipers 14% 🙄, scale says 21%, looking at photos of people with known levels I'm closest, but not exactly, to 20-22%. The difference is I'm vascular through my shoulders and slightly into my chest, my shoulders and back muscles are defined, obliques are visible and my calves are vascular and muscles visible up through the knee, where the lower VMO is starting to show. There's loose skin and abdominal fat, most of my weight is lower back, glutes, and into inner and upper thighs. Considering how lean my upper and lower is I don't think 15%, at 203lbs (not including the water I retain), will be enough to lose that back fat, which is ultimately my goal.

Right now, maybe the mini-cut, maybe the stress, I have a definite lack of libido, I've been perma-hungry occasionally over the last few months, and I get random cravings for salt, along with suddenly retaining pounds of water with no change in diet. I'm starting to think I'm near my personal body fat limit. What's the realistic expectations?

submitted by /u/SyracuseStan
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3rR5HDm

No comments:

Post a Comment