Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Coming Back from the Holiday "Fun" -- Things I've Learned

I started doing keto and focusing on portion control 80 days ago. Between 20 Dec - 2 Jan I didn't do strict keto and while I tried to keep my portions small, I didn't always and I definitely was eating over my calorie goal for the day. I just wanted to share my somewhat surprising insights that I noticed, as well as how I'm feeling now that I'm back and hitting hard again since the 3rd.

  1. Food that I used to love and thought I "needed" to be happy or as a reward at the end of the day for doing whatever goal I set (I'm looking at YOU Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream) didn't matter anymore. Sure it tasted okay but I didn't feel that same mental pleasure at eating it. That was the first time I felt that way. And now there is a pint left over sitting in my freezer that I have almost no desire to eat. This was probably the biggest change I noticed.

  2. Eating crappy food like McDonald's destroyed my tummy. It never used to bother me. It does now. So yeah, the reward factor there has plummeted as well.

  3. I generally noticed I was more tired physically and less able to focus. Brain fog is real and so is just wanting to be a slug on my couch. When I eat better I just seem to naturally want to get up and do more. I feel like I'm in high school again. (Back then I was very, very fit...the dream is to some close to that again someday!) AND I find myself thinking better and I'm much sharper when it comes to arguments and speaking (I play a lot of Among Us; the idea is to either lie to or convince your friends that you're not the bad guy imposter. It requires a lot of thinking on your feet.) Sometimes I surprise myself!

  4. I was so bloated. Reading that eating certain foods causes water retention is much different than experiencing the difference. It's real. It took me 3-5 days to get rid of it.

  5. I used to love that feeling of being (over)full. I now cannot stand it. Satiated is much better than stuffed. Being able to bend over and tie my shoelaces without gasping for breath is my new way of life.

So here I am, back at it again and looking forward to posting some progress pics in Feb. Still have about 30 lbs to go to be healthy. I'm hoping to be able to get to the gym; it's hard b/c the childcare portion is closed due to covid...maybe all this newfound energy will help me wake up at 5am to go to the gym before everyone is awake. I am not ready for that step yet (mornings are BLEH) but hey at least I'm thinking about it, so that's gotta count for something! I hope this has given you some insight or something to think about as you yourself work through your weight loss & fitness challenges and goals :)

submitted by /u/_Pebcak_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3JYQJn0

No comments:

Post a Comment