Saturday, January 15, 2022

(F50 280 - 801 = 199) Hit my weight loss goal - still obese

EDIT title - obviously I didn’t lose 801 pounds LOL. Meant to say 81.

Okay I know this is controversial and might even piss some people off.

Today, after something like seven and a half months of CICO and increasing exercise, I finally hit my goal of being under 200 lbs. 199.2 this morning. That’s a weight loss of a nice round 80 lbs from my highest recorded weight, maybe more since I avoided scales like the plague and don’t know what my start weight was.

Since I’m only 5’3.5”, that still gives me a BMI well into the obese range. I don’t care. I’m lighter and more agile than I’ve been in ten years. This weight feels sustainable to me. I’m pretty sure I can maintain this weight. I can do things that make me happy at this weight, like dance and go on long hikes. I like the way my clothes fit, and I can find cute things to wear in this size. My husband likes the way my body looks and feels at this weight.

For me, 200 lbs is a weight that is compatible with being active and healthy. I still have goals, they just are not scale related goals. My next goal is to be able to run a mile without stopping to walk. After that I’ll set another non-weight-related goal. Who knows - in pursuit of those goals I may actually lose more weight. If so, great!!

Today I’m so happy and proud of myself. Losing 80 pounds through diet and exercise is a big deal. I did it. Yay me!!!

submitted by /u/aimeed72
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3KijH1e

No comments:

Post a Comment